Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions [-]
- What categories of item identifiers can be processed?
- Why doesn't priceBAM allow non-food items to be listed?
- How many items may I have in a single shopping list or shopping trip?
- Why does it take a while for my updates of an item, store, store chain, shopping list, or shopping trip to post?
- How do I update my account settings?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I close my account?
- Is my browser supported?
What categories of item identifiers can be processed?
priceBAM currently allows the following identifier categories:
- PLU codes (conventional)
- PLU codes (organic)
- PLU codes (GMO)
- PLU codes (retailer assigned)
- EAN-8 8 digit barcodes
- UPC-A 12 digit barcodes
- UPC-A 12 digit local store use/variable weight barcodes prefixed by "2"
- UPC-A 12 digit local store use barcodes prefixed by "4"
- EAN-13 13 digit barcodes
- EAN-13 13 digit local store use/variable weight barcodes by "02"
- EAN-13 13 digit local store use barcodes prefixed by "04"
These identifier types generally represent over 95% of all identifiers used by grocery stores to classify items. Item identifier types not listed above are currently unsupported.
Why doesn't priceBAM allow non-food items to be listed?
priceBAM currently does not allow non-food grocery items to be listed. This is only a current limitation. We plan to lift this restriction in the future when we are better able to support non-food items with specific features that are better able to discern between food and non-food grocery items. Non-food grocery items entered into priceBAM are subject to deletion.
How many items may I have in a single shopping list or shopping trip?
You may have up to 50 items in a single shopping list or shopping trip. We understand there are many occasions when you may want to have more than 50 items in your shopping list or shopping trip. Unfortunately, technical and performance issues prevent us from allowing more than 50 items per shopping list or shopping trip. We will address and resolve this issue in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to create additional shopping lists or shopping trips if you need to have more than 50 items.
Why does it take a while for my updates of an item, store, store chain, shopping list, or shopping trip to post?
Your updates may or may not go through a manual or automated approval process based upon certain criteria of the nature of your update. Thus, your update may not immediately be reflected on our site. Please be patient because we do our best to make sure the most accurate information gets posted.
How do I update my account settings?
Perform the following instructions:
- Scroll up to the top of the page.
- Click on Manage > Control Panel
- Click on the My Account link
- Edit your personal information. You may edit your personal information in the three categories listed on the right side of the page
How do I change my password?
Follow the instructions above to browse to your account settings page. Update your password on this page. Be sure to click on the save button once you change your password!
How do I close my account?
Please follow the procedure below to close your account:
- Click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the form with your information, selecting Account Issues for the category and entering Close account in the Comments section.
- Click on Send.
- A website administrator will then get contact you via email to verify that you want the account closed.
- You will need to send a reply to the website administrator's email.
- A website administrator will then delete your account. The website administrator will close your account as soon as possible.
Please be sure to update your spam filters to allow incoming email from priceBAM.com.
Unfortunately, there is currently no mechanism that will allow you to close your account without the involvement of a priceBAM.com website administrator. We are working on providing this close account functionality in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Is my browser supported?
priceBAM has been tested on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firefox 46
- Google Chrome 49